Tuesday, August 06, 2013

An update and some art...

Hey all!  I promised to post every Monday and I let you down.  It's been about two months since I lasted posted and a lot has happened.  First, I have moved from the beautifully lush country of North Carolina to the beautifully rocky mountains of Central Arizona.  I pretended to myself that it would not impact things too much.  Packing up would happen sometime, then a quick 5 day drive cross country, and then our house would be magically unpacked shortly after arriving.  But I was ridiculously wrong.  Maren and I moved a lot when we were first married, but the last time we moved this far, we had 2 kids and much less stuff.  With a bigger family and a bigger home, it was much harder.  But we made it!

The other big change is work.  I am now officially a full-time freelancer!!!  I have worked with some great people and great companies over the years, but to be able to work from home, be around my kids more, and have the time to work on my own projects... I couldn't pass up the opportunity.  It's always been my goal.  I feel very fortunate that my freelance work has steadily increased over the years to the point that I can take this step.  And it happened much quicker than I had ever hoped!  Sometime soon, I'll do a post about my new studio space (compared to my old one).

So...anyway.  New stuff.  Thanks to the referral of a great artist, David Malan, I have started doing work for my church's magazine publications.  The first to be published was an article in the New Era (an uplifting magazine aimed at teens), titled "Joining the Lord's Army".  Good article, fun assignment.  More to come soon.


Anyway, now that I'm a little more settled, I'll make sure that I get back on the regular blogging routine I had before.  If any of you that read this blog have any questions, feel free to throw them my way.  I'll try to address it in a post.  Until later!

No comments: