Friday, February 01, 2013

Paperman is online!



Last November, my company went to the local theater for an exclusive opening day showing of Wreck it Ralph.  I enjoyed the feature film plenty, but short film that preceded it changed my life.  It sounds a little dramatic, but Paperman, in my opinion, is the best short film I have ever seen.  I don't know if a full length film has ever impacted me this much. At least not lately.  The short has a flawlessly complete story, the most beautiful art style, and almost more charm than is bearable.  I told my wife about it immediately after I got home that day, but could not show her or my kids.  Until now.  Yesterday, Disney released Paperman on the internettings and I think I've watched it 6-7 times in the last two days.  Every time I watch it, I'm prompted to put away every other art endeavors and finally write and illustrate one of stories I've been working on forever.  Now totally inspired,  I'm making plans to make that happen.  If you haven't seen it, please check it out here

A small team produced it and among them, two very talented friends from SJSU: Kendelle Hoyer (Story Department) and Scott Watanabe (Art Department), a husband and wife creative powerhouse team.  Great work guys!  Amazing!

No comments: